Monday, January 25, 2010

What To Read?


So...SB (from Book Club #1) picked The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. Now, I've heard about this book and didn't think that it was that hot of a book since it was released in 2008. Silly me! I called the library and when I asked to be placed on the waiting list, I was #647. Holy Smokes! I knew something was up and I need to get my hands on this book. My fabulous friend DDC came to the rescue and not only did she have The Hunger Games (Book 1) she also had Catching Fire (Book 2). I finished both these books in five days! Yes, you read correctly, both books in five days.

Now I can't wait for August because that is when Book 3 is set for release. If you can get a hold of these books I highly recommend them. The only thing I'll say (because I don't want to sway your opinion) is that they are similar (very slightly) to the series, The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger. Let me know what you think...

No comments: