Thursday, October 8, 2009

What To Read?




One of the books I read for my book club last month was The Giver. I think I mentioned that my niece said that I should read two other books by Lois Lowry, Gathering Blue and Messenger. She said that they don't continue with the same characters but once you read all three, it all makes sense.

Well, I read Gathering Blue another great read and again a bit disturbing and now I'm onto Messenger. I'm only a few chapters in and I can see the connection of all three books (I won't give it away). It's killing me that I don't have more time to read because I can see the connections already and I can't wait to get to the end of Messenger! I think it just might be a "closet" night for me so I can really get into the book. For those of you who know me you know what I mean when I say "closet" night when it comes to books.

No comments: