Thursday, May 21, 2009

What To Read?


Looking for just the right book? If you haven't checked out goodreads or joined goodreads, do! It's a great place to get book recommendations from people you know, keep track of what you've read and what you'd like to read, and form a book club (if you're not in one already). When it's my turn to pick a book for book club, goodreads is the first place I visit. I look at my friend's lists, read their reviews, and look how many stars they gave a book. I'm not as organized as my fellow readers because I don't review or give stars BUT my friends do check out my list and give me a call or email to ask me : ) I'll try to get better at giving stars at least! Any-who, I did put a new gadget on the blog, "Recommended Reading and/or Currently Reading". Check it out from time-to-time.

Here are the first two on the gadget:


I just finished A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (by Betty Smith). I really enjoyed it. It's about life, plain and simple, but amazing!


I'm now reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows). I've read great things about this book and even though I just started, I am already in love with it!

I'll keep you updated on the latest reads but do check out goodreads. As Martha would say, "It's a Good Thing!" : )

1 comment:

Cheri said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a great read. I will try to read the other one