Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Give Back


I added a new widget off to the side, "Give Back." I want to highlight charities and initiatives I come across that are inspiring and with very little effort on my part (and yours) can make a world of difference. The first one I'm highlighting is Children's Safe Drinking Water Program.

The Children's Safe Drinking Water Program is focused on reducing sickness and dealth resulting from drinking contaminated water. It is estimated that 1.1 billion people worldwide have no access to clean drinking water. Visit cdsw.org to make a donation to a program that distributes PUR packets, a powder that makes potentially deadly water drinkable. For as little as $1, you can provide a child clean fresh drinking water for 50 days. We take too much for granted, so skip your morning latte and make a difference.

No comments: