Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What To Read?


I learned a lesson from my last book club. I shouldn't hype a book so much even though it might be one of my all time favorite books, it just gives the book injustice. The book I'm talking about was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It is probably one of my all time favorite books that I don't know if I'm willing to see the movie because the book is so perfect in my brain and I don't want anything to ruin MY intepretations.

So now onto the new book I just read for book club, Same Kind Of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. I didn't know anything going into this book and that's why I think I liked it. After reading reviews of this book, I can see both sides of the argument in terms of liking and not liking the book. In terms of this book, I went in blind and came out seeing something good and inspirational.

No comments: