Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Potluck Standby


We live in the BEST neighborhood! It's tucked away and ends in two cul-de-sacs. During the summer the kids are all out and about and we never worry about them because we know that everyone watches out for each other's kiddos. It's also ecclectic in the sense of different stages of life, cultures, and religion. We all appreciate the differences and embrace it all.

On Memorial Day we had a neighborhood breakfast get together. We each brought something to share and now I'm sharing my standby breakfast/brunch dish, Overnight Pull-Aparts. I got this recipe from my oldest and dearest friend A. I thank her every time I make these because they are de-lish, easy, and a crowd pleaser. A's recipe is modified from the original. I like A's better!

Please share your potluck standby. I would love some ideas since we have another neighborhood get together this coming Monday night.

Overnight Pull-Aparts
Ingrediants
12-16 frozen rolls (I use Rhodes Bake-N-Serv)
(1) 3.4 oz box of vanilla instant pudding
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 orange rind grated
1/2 cup melted butter

Directions
  1. Put cranberries in bottom of bundt pan.
  2. Place rolls evenly on top of cranberries.
  3. Sprinkle pudding and sugar mixture on top of rolls.
  4. Pour orange rind and melted butter on top of pudding and sugar mixture.
  5. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and place in cold oven overnight.
  6. Remove plastic and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Frosting (optional)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TB melted butter
1 TB orange juice
Drizzle over pull-aparts.

Note: Image via Martha Stewart

No comments: