Friday, March 27, 2009

Kindle Me This



My friend Brian recently came by my office to show me his new Kindle. I was skeptical when he told me he bought one. He loves books just like I do, so I didn't get why he would get one. But after seeing it, I can see why you would. I don't think the Kindle would ever replace the original form but for business trips, road trips, and vacation, I can see myself using the Kindle. Here are some fun facts about the Kindle:
  1. Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
  2. Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
  3. Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
  4. Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
  5. Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
  6. Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
  7. More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow.. Thanks for sharing this post. I've looked at something similar but the screen was like a computer and I didn't like that. I will have to check the kindle out.

Heather23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather23 said...

I have been thinking of getting one of these. It would be so much easier to tote around but I agree with you, how do you replace a good book? Convenience though...Imagine if your bookshelf had only one little Kindle on it! ;)